Finding the golden path towards the perfect end-to-end spend capture and efficiency enabled source-to-pay process should be any organizations dream. Imagine the following, you have perfectly well organized sourcing, purchasing, finance and IT functions working at reaching set targets. Buying the right goods and services from the right suppliers, writing the right contracts and enabling proper amounts of catalouges, creating great cash forecasts and working hard at cutting administration costs.
Separately it may all seem fine but put together and if you really dig into spend capture and administration efficiency – what does your source-to-pay process outcome look like?
Realizing that there are huge amounts of money and enormous ways of improving critical data intelligence in end-to-end control we ask you:
- To what extent do you know you are buying from contracted suppliers?
- To what extent can you measure you are purchasing at the right price?
- How do you make sure you got what you ordered?
- To what extent are you sure you are paying for what was actually delivered?
- How do you know that when paying the invoice you are paying for what was contratced and actually delivered?
How much of any organizations spend and cash forecasts are based on assumptions? And ad to the equation that you probably have outsourced parts of the flows to lower costs – make sure you enable continuous improvement and not only status qou.
At S2P Summit 2014 Jerker Gunnarsson from Deutsche Post DHL is sharing how they have made sure they benchmark procurement strategies and operations. What do you do yourself and what do you outsource? How do you make sure you include continuous improvement in any strategy?
Jerker will share:
- How clear separation of Sourcing and Purchasing activities improves leverage
- Catalog Management Solution as enabler for re-organization of Purchasing services
- Staff optimization from reducing locations worldwide