Public sector have a never ending demand to use money wisely as well as having extensive legal aspects of how, with who and in what way contracts are being agreed upon and written. At the same time public sector organizations consist of thousands of people, many of which are allowed to purchase goods and services. Södersjukhuset have used Qlik to create a holistic view over what is being bought, from who and at what cost. It is clear that real money have been saved (not just moved from one supplier to another) and convincing and explaining the impact of doing the right thing and the right way is easier when data is visualized.
Data revealed during the webinar show that a lot is being done within public sector in Sweden but a lot is yet to be done.
Only 22% have real time reports and data – the same amount that don’t collect data concerning contract compliance, spend patterns and spend.
The answers to the above question can be seen in many different lights. If only 22% have real time data – how can 40% be sure of the data analyzed? On the other hand, 60% are unsure of the data managed – wherever way it is collected and visualized.
A whole 47% of the respondents have dedicated resources working with analytics and follow up which is great. Given the demands set on public sector to both do right and the right way follow up in a structured way is essential.
All above challenges are commonly known and no news – however the question could be raised – if you don’t get the data, don’t trust the data and don’t have dedicated resources to follow up the data – how do you build trust in changes needed? And how do you even know exactly what need to be done rather than doing a little bit of all?
Below is the recorded webinar – in Swedish – look out for more interactive sessions during the fall. For instance a Public Sector Sourcing & Procurement Development Online Conference – free of charge – will held in December.